A Simplified Layout for the DC Cinematic Universe

Hello, fellow superhero lovers! We all know that WB/DC is trying to create a cohesive DC Cinematic Universe that will (hopefully) be every bit as good as Marvel's amazing Movieverse.

Now, there are key differences between the Marvel films we've seen and the (admittedly fewer) DC ones. Marvel movies tends to have more of an adventurous, fun and comical tone that works well for families and draws in huge crowds. DC movies appear to be veering towards a deeper, grimmer tone that is more insightful and emotional that works just as well to draw in crowds. Neither method is better than the other one, and both work great for their respective movies.

I'll say it here and now: I love Marvel and DC both and have no real favorite. I just want to see both have successful Cinematic Universes. Since Marvel is doing fine as it is, I will give my suggestions on a future DCCU...

MAN OF STEEL
ARROW & FLASH shows
WORLD's FINEST 2015
WONDER WOMAN
JUSTICE LEAGUE
THE BATMAN & a NIGHTWING show
THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS
AQUAMAN
TEEN TITANS/YOUNG JUSTICE
BATMAN BEYOND



MAN OF STEEL & WORLD'S FINEST
We know the DCCU begins with the successful MAN OF STEEL movie, which introduced us to a new version of Superman (a role which Henry Cavill soared with! *rimshot*) and it's 2015 sequel that I will for now call WORLD'S FINEST. It will feature Superman fighting Batman (I'm sure everyone knows who's playing him by now), then they probably team up to stop Lex Luther from stealing 40 cakes. That dastardly crook!





ARROW & FLASH
I know not everyone agrees with me on this, but I love the CW's TV show ARROW, and I think with The Flash being introduced in season 2, it would be a wasted opportunity for WB/DC to not tie ARROW and the upcoming FLASH show into the building DCCU. Why not? If Marvel can have Agents of SHIELD tie into their Movieverse, there's no reason DC can't do the same. And this way, we get to enjoy a lengthy FLASH TV series instead of a single movie that wouldn't cover nearly as much story or villains as the TV show will.



WONDER WOMAN
I firmly believe that Wonder Woman HAS to have her own movie. Not just for storytelling purposes leading up to Justice League, but because it's not right that the most iconic female superhero of all time doesn't have her own movie by now. Frankly, it's embarrassing. We deserve to see an awesome WONDER WOMAN movie where audiences learn her origins as the secret demigod daughter of Zeus, making her a warrior deeply immersed in Greek mythology. I think Ares would be a great villain for Diana for face off against in her first-ever movie.



JUSTICE LEAGUE
Finally, the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie we've all been waiting for. I think that with Superman, a new Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and even Green Arrow (if they wanted to include him) all introduced, they could finally pull of this movie. Ideally, I would want to see Supes, Bats, WW, Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan but not Ryan Reynolds), Martian Manhunter, and MAYBE Aquaman. I honestly have no idea who would make a good villain for them to fight. Is Darkseid too much too soon? Maybe Amazo? Starro? A White Martian invasion? Comment below with your idea for a good villain for the first JUSTICE LEAGUE movie! :)



THE BATMAN & a NIGHTWING show
With a new Batman introduced via WORLD's FINEST and JUSTICE LEAGUE, he can now star in his own new movie franchise that I'll refer to as THE BATMAN. Now, I think everyone has a good idea of what the new Batman needs to be (utilize his detective skills, use villains like Ridder, Harley Quinn, Hush, etc., and have his sidekicks featured). At the very, very least, we need to see Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake appear in these new movies. I think we should see Jason get killed and come back as Red Hood. I think we should see Joker cripple Barbara and have her become Oracle. But more than anything, we NEED to see Dick Grayson quit as Robin and become Nightwing. Honestly, I would love to see a NIGHTWING TV series that heavily ties in with THE BATMAN movies and uses Bat villains that the movies don't.



THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS
This movie has the potential to an epic space adventure with brave heroes, cool aliens, far off galaxies: Green Lantern could be the new Star Wars. I think that after JUSTICE LEAGUE with Hal Jordan, we should see a movie called THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS that stars many Lanterns, but prominently Hal Jordan and John Stewart (also, I really want Idris Elba to play John!). They could work together with other Lanterns (maybe Guy could make a small appearance, saving Kyle for the next GL film) and fight the Sinestro Corps War. THAT would be one heck of a space epic.



AQUAMAN
Poor, poor Aquaman. Everyone but the wisest comic book fans thinks he's a lame character. I won't lie, I do love making Aquaman jokes, but I also know that secretly, deep down, Aquaman's story is the tale of a man torn between two worlds who must claim his rightful throne, learn to rule a kingdom, and become a badass along the way. Now picture that in a beatifully-shot underwater landscape. An AQUAMAN movie has the potential to be badass and beautiful at the same time.



TEEN TITANS/YOUNG JUSTICE
I don't know if it would work better to have TEEN TITANS, YOUNG JUSTICE, or kind of combine the two teams into one movie. For the sake of simplicity, I'll just go with TEEN TITANS, since a wider audience would remember that show from their childhood. If could feature Nightwing, Robin, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Starfire, Red Arrow, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and more. Just think how awesome this movie could potentially be. If DC wants to construct a Movieverse, they would be fools to pass up this movie.



BATMAN BEYOND
When I was a kid, this was the coolest TV show ever brought into existence. Now that I'm older... this is still one of the coolest TV shows ever brought into existence. BATMAN BEYOND could knock the audiences' socks off with its sheer level of coolness. This is the perfect film to wrap up the old THE BATMAN film series and begin a new, though probably shorter, series of films set in future Gotham. Maybe they could even get Micheal Keaton to be an old Bruce Wayne. I think superhero fans would explode in happiness.

--------------------------------------------------

Well, that wraps up my list of movies (and TV shows) I think are critical to a successful DCCU. It ended up a little less simplified than I hoped it would be, but that's alright. To be entirely repetitive, here again are the movies and TV shows I want to make up the foundation of the DCCU: MAN OF STEEL, ARROW tv, WORLD'S FINEST, FLASH tv, WONDER WOMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE, THE BATMAN, NIGHTWING tv, THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS, AQUAMAN, TEEN TITANS, and BATMAN BEYOND.

Thanks so much for reading my editorial! Again, these are simply my own opinions and ideas for future awesome DC movies, but I'd love to hear your own ideas in the comments below! And again, let me know who you all want as the first villain of a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie! Everyone please be polite and respect each others opinion

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »